Don’t become paralyzed or stuck when faced with change
When something major happens in our lives, be it an event like an illness or divorce or a natural end of an era like empty nest, career change, menopause or retirement, we are faced with a need to change.
We may have to change our habits or routines, redefine our priorities, renegotiate relationships, change focus and decide on new purpose. We need to do something else or be someone else.
There is a challenge here though. We are NOT programmed for rapid change. If our blood pressure or temperature goes up and down by a narrow margin, we are in trouble. If we never exercised and try to run a marathon, we will injure ourselves and may even endanger our lives.
Rapid change sets off stress response and under stress our ability to think, reason, plan and be creative shuts down.
There is no time for logical thinking when we are being chased by a lion. Our physical response to a real lion is the same as any other situation that threatens our sense of safety and stability.
What is the Solution? The Answer is in the systems!
When we approach a need to change at a level of a goal, it is very difficult as it requires will power to make us do things differently against forces of old habits without consistent clarity of what we should be doing at any given time.
But if we start designing a system to get to the goal, it is like having a roadmap in your hand and at any point, you know where you are and where you need to go next.
The Mastering Transitions system effectively addresses every aspect of change, so you don’t waste time, energy or resources.
When you follow this system:
- You learn to let go of things that no longer serve you while bringing with you what was useful and valuable.
- You eliminate stress response and learn how to improve energy and get your body to function at it’s best, so you have the stamina to do what’s needed.
- You learn to manage difficult emotions and use them to your advantage.
- You get clear about what you want.
- You create a plan for how to get it.
- You identify potential pitfalls and learn how to avoid them.
- You begin to build a life based on what is most important to you right now. Life where you can honor and learn from the past, appreciate the change and redesign yourself so the next stage is meaningful and fulfilling, rich in joy, love, purpose and connection.
“Before I started coaching I was stuck professionally. As a result of working with Ania I found a new career that I love in an industry that I’m passionate about and I’m quickly climbing the ladder.“
Carol D., Procurement Officer, Chicago
you do not have to do it alone!
If you are a process kind of person and need to know what you will be doing, this is what happens along the way:
1. We start with a fundamental assumption that every person is naturally creative, resourceful and whole. You are not broken, do not need to be fixed. You are not a problem, your life is not a problem. You want something else than what is happening right now and have everything you need to succeed at life.
2. We create a safe space for exploration and learning, where there is no judgment and no concept of how things “should be”. It fosters trust, playfulness, creativity, learning, incredible insights and lasting change.
3. You are guided through a series of systematic steps which address dealing with the past, self care, and mastering emotions.
4. You become ultra clear about your big WHY, your values and reasons for wanting to move forward, so there is no confusion as to what to focus on and what to do.
5. We create a map, by understanding exactly where you are now, where you are going and what might be getting in the way. Out of that map, you create specific plan of action with implementation steps.
6. We create accountability through calls, emails or text so the learning gets applied and results start rolling in.
7. Along the way, we provide you with resources specific to your individual goals. They may be related to your physical wellness, habits or productivity, emotional resilience or providing brainstorming and sounding board.
8. To work through inevitable obstacles, we help you identify and quickly, permanently eliminate limiting beliefs, which get in the way of succeeding at life you want to create. It’s magic!
9. We never forget to celebrate.
“Getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”
Is This You?
In this modern era, when the world changes at the increasingly rapid speed, we find ourselves having less and less space and time to appropriately and effectively respond and adapt to what’s coming at us. By the time we get a sense of what is happening, the world is another three steps ahead. We play constant catch up, do damage control or emergency management or even worse, we shut down and fall further behind. It can result on a personal level in a feeling of overwhelm, burnout, hopelessness, anxiety and fear and on an global level to the chaos, which slowly stifles and cripples our lives.
- You experienced a major life event like illness, death of a loved one, divorce, job loss, menopause, or anything else that blew up your normal.
- You feel lost and confused and have no idea what to do next.
- You are afraid of the future and the worry is zapping your energy.
- You stopped taking care of yourself because of all the stress only to feel worse.
- You want to lower stress, but don’t have an hour to meditate every day and have no idea what else to do.
- You lost your support system (or you never had it) and feel that you are left alone to pick up the pieces.
- You have no idea what you want or what would make you happy now.
- You wonder what this was all about and want to find your purpose and plan to achieve it, but don’t know where to start.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.”
Nobody ever questions why professional athletes, leaders of countries or big companies have a coach. We assume that, of course, if they want to be the best at their professions and do it under pressure, they need someone who will help bring out their genius. The coach will work with them to hone their skills, identify blind spots and develop strategies to grow bigger muscles, more effective leadership, improved creativity, communication skills or whatever they need. After all they have an important job to do.
YOUR life is the most important job that YOU get to do. Don’t you want to be at the top of your game?
That’s what coaching does. It applies the same strategies used by the most successful people in all areas to bring out your genius and your strengths. It helps identify your blind spots and trip ups and pull out of you all of the resources necessary to deal with what life throws at YOU.
You become less stressed. You avoid burnout. You feel more empowered, your communication improves, your relationships get better and conflict goes down. You get to progressively develop and grow in areas that are important to you.
Depending on your objectives you may become more confident, more effective, more productive, more clear, more creative and overall higher functioning in any area you chose to apply it to.
Coaching is like attending the University Of You.
At the end of college, the idea is to leave the program equipped with skills for an independent and successful career along with some track record of applied knowledge. At the end of this program you get to do the same, only in the area you chose for yourself.
“There are no failures — just experiences and your reactions to them.”
How Coaching Supports Change And Transition?
Time of rapid change and transition is the time when you need access to all of your strengths and resources. You want to be clear, effective and emotionally strong and don’t want to be held back by fear, anxiety or overwhelm. Yet, the exact opposite happens.
Life blows up and the stress of that makes you blind. You are unable to focus, effectively prioritize or even decide what you want and what you should be doing.
It is really valuable at this point to have a guide at your side, who will remain objective and help you clarify your outcome, identify your strengths as well as isolate and overcome the obstacles.
You will be able to create the best possible plan, while having a safe space and accountability, so you can get stuff handled and feel good about.
Coaching is about activating your superpower to be able to handle anything anytime. It’s about expanding your ability to deal with bad stuff, create good stuff and grow in the process. Why? So you become who you want to be, can live life feeling like you are in the driver seat and enjoy the ride a bit more every day.
“Fear regret more than failure.”